Monday, March 23, 2009

Comcast Cares

An interesting thing happened a couple hours after my last post and a similar notice posted on Twitter regarding this issue; I was contacted by ComcastBill on Twitter asking if I needed any help. I hadn't had a chance to contact tech. support so this pre-emptive contact on their part was a pleasant surprise. I replied with my experience (see previous post) and that I would like to have the line tested. Unfortunately, I had already left school for the weekend and would not return until this past Wednesday due to an illness early in the week. My reply was recieved after ComcastBill had left the office so ComcastBonnie (on Twitter) followed up.

When I returned to school last Wednesday, I ran a few tests on the network to see if the issues had cleared up. So far, the disconnection issues have not returned. Our speed seems to have returned to expected levels too (see below).

I don't know how long Comcast has been doing tech. support via Twitter but I love the idea. Saves me time on the phone. Also, while I have no direct knowledge that they actually changed anything on their network, at least their AWARENESS of the issue has resulted in better connection quality. Thanks, Comcast!!

No comments: